- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Central phone number is 1-800-273-TALK (8255), and also lists state and local hotline numbers to call for help, including help for those contemplating suicide.
- American Association of Suicidology
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Mental Health Association
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- National Strategy for Suicide Prevention
- Cammarata, D. (2000). Someone I Love Died by Suicide: A Story for Child Survivors and Those Who Care for Them. Grief Guidance Inc.
- Kuklin, S. (1994). After a Suicide: Young People Speak Up. Putnam Publishing Group.
- Rubel, B. (2000). But I Didn’t Say Goodbye: For Parents and Professionals Helping Child Suicide Survivors. Kendall Park, N.J.: Griefwork Center Inc.
- Slaby, A., and Garfinkle, L.F. (1995). No One Saw My Pain: Why Teens Kill Themselves. New York: W.W. Norton & Co.